Allow me to provide you with a quick and inexpensive All Stakes Pick Four. Remember you get what you pay for and this advice is free.
Race 9 Ballston Spa - 1 1/16 miles on turf...likely a very wet turf, if the forecast holds. I'm going three deep here:
- #1 Rutherieene - all heart, all the time
- #2 My Princess Jess - second off layoff and won Spa stakes last year at this distance on a soft turf
- #3 Closeout - also likes a cut in the grass, third off long layoff and has right to improve
Race 10 Ballerina - 7 furlongs in which I will go with a single...
- #2 Informed Decision - 5-for-5 at this distance and has won on wet, synthetic and fast tracks. Trainer Jonathan Sheppard knows how to get her ready off the bench, and she will be tough tracking a far less spectacular Indian Blessing.
Race 11 King's Bishop - 7 furlongs for very fast three-year-olds in which I spread far and wide...
- #1 Vineyard Haven - back to Spa success off the bench, pushes Big Drama
- #2 Munnings - very quick, cuts back to more reasonable distance after finishing behind Rachel Alexandra on Jersey shore
- #3 Capt. Candyman Can - couldn't catch Quality Road in last, but is quick enough for these
- #5 Despite the Odds - this is Saratoga, isn't it...check out 104 Beyer in Belmont slop, why not a repeat here?
- #8 Big Drama - likes to win and this is probably his optimum distance
Race 12 Travers - 1 1/4 miles on likely sloppy and sealed track...
- #2 Charitable Man - is best bred for the distance, which could be undoing of chalk and just about everyone else in here. Big wet number and gets better draw than Kensei this time
- #4 Quality Road - most talented three-year-old colt, one the few who could possibly catch Ms. Rachel. Have to include talent despite distance concern for me
The play and the cost: $1 Pick Four: 1-2-3/2/1-2-3-5-8/2-4 for $30. For kicks and giggles I'll play a straight $2 Pick Four of 2/2/2/2... stranger things have happened. Good luck.