- Astrology - never out of the money in seven lifetime starts; likely on the board finish
- Norman Asbjornson - closed to fourth into what now looks like a weak Wood Memorial
- King Congie - nice story behind his name; I'll be routing for him, but passing on a wager
- Flashpoint - adds to a projected quick pace; probably won't be around for the finish
- Shackleford - can control slow paces like in FL and Kentucky Derbies, but won't have such a luxury this time around
- Sway Away - has had troubled rank/trips and still qualifies for a non-winners of one allowance
- Midnight Interlude - Baffert changes rider to Garcia again, but unlikely first place finish
- Dance City - thanks for the quick pace
- Mucho Macho Man - Derby traffic and some uncertainty from jock may have cost him a second place finish
- Dialed In - just running for chance at big bonus or ready for real rebound?
- Animal Kingdom - real deal and gets even better pace scenario to run at
- Isn't He Perfect - No.
- Concealed Identity - home boy tries for the big score
- Mr. Commons - not sure he'll get the distance and far post doesn't help
Thursday, May 19, 2011
Preakness Field and Early Pick
A quickie look at the 136th Preakness field, as I get ready to make my way down to Balitmore...