Here's what I have surmised just hours away from the race. I'm tossing all synthetic surface horses - Mr. Hot Stuff, Advice, Hold Me Back, Chocolate Candy and Pioneerof the Nile. None will show up on my tickets.
The inexperienced and overmatched are out as well - Mine That Bird, Join in the Dance, Atomic Rain, Summer Bird, No Where to Hide and Flying Private.
These leaves West Side Bernie, Musket Man, Friesan Fire, Papa Clem, Regal Ransom, General Quarters, Dunkirk and Desert Party.
Due to track conditions which appear to favor inside speed horses, Friesan Fire is the pick. I will single him in a Pick 4. I will also use him to key over several of the horses above in trifecta.
The Pick 4 for a $1 will be:
- First Leg - Lemon Chiffon
- Second Leg - Informed Decision, Secret Gypsy and Game Face
- Third Leg - El Caballo, Proudinsky, Court Vision and Enstein
- Final Leg - Friesan Fire
The trifecta part wheel will be:
- First - Friesan Fire
- Second - Musket Man, Papa Clem, Regal Ransom, General Quarters, Dunkirk
- Third - West Side Bernie, Musket Man, Papa Clem, Regal Ransom, General Quarters, Dunkirk and Desert Party
The saver exacta will be:
- First - Friesan Fire, Papa Clem, General Quarters and Dunkirk
- Second - West Side Bernie, Musket Man, Friesan Fire and Dunkirk
Total Derby Bets: $12 Pick 4, $30 Trifecta Part Wheel and $14 Exacta Box
Good luck all! Let's hope for a safe trip for all.