Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Rachel Alexandra Play or Pass?

Now that the evil plot to keep Rachel Alexandra out of the Preakness has passed, it is high time to draw some conclusions on how to bet the race. I see it two ways:
  1. You either single her in Pick 3s and 4s or wheel her on top of exotics or
  2. Toss her 
I really, really like the filly, but we all must consider if a step up in class and change in division are worth short odds, breaking from the final post (13). She certainly has the tactical speed to find a spot in the field, unfortunately it may be four to five wide. A repeat of Big Brown's Derby is possible, not probable. 

Although for some romantic reason, I'd like to see her win, I'll take a stand against Rachel Alexandra. I'll likely go with four from the Derby - Musket Man, Friesan Fire, Papa Clem and Pioneerof the Nile in Pick 3s and 4s and possibly box the four in a trifecta. At least that's what I'm thinking right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment