Thursday, May 7, 2009

Onward to Pimlico

And so we go on to the second crown in the jewel. Here's what I think a little more than a week out for the Preakness Stakes:
  • If Rachel Alexandra enters she's either the favorite or second choice.
  • Pioneerof the Nile will be favored.
  • The top three finishers are likely to be from the Derby field.
  • Mine That Bird either stakes his claim as a super horse or goes the route of Lil E. Tee. I didn't have him in the Derby, and I'll take a stand against in the Preakness.
  • Big Drama poses the biggest "outsider" chance...besides the filly.
I'm feeling Papa Clem right now, but it's far too early and interesting to start handicapping.



1 comment:

  1. Tony,

    Remember back in March we'd discussed possibly predicting injury to a racehorse.

    Please take some time to check out my post...I'd love to know your ideas.

    ReplyDelete