Sunday, April 5, 2009

No April Fools Here

My thoughts on Saturday's races...
  • I Want Revenge - WOW! Left at the gate, unhurried through average fractions, advanced on the turn, blocked and bumped in stretch and found a seam to win in hand. As Gary Stevens said on the televised broadcast, "I love horses that can overcome trouble." I'll add, that was a whole bunch of trouble. He's got to be the Derby co-favorite at this point.
  • Pioneerof the Nile - Just wins baby. I'm not sure if he'll be overlooked (hard to do with Bob Baffert as your trainer) or overbet on Derby Day. The whole fake stuff vs. real dirt discussion will be headed by this guy. At this point, he's a pass for me, but that may change.
  • The Pamplemousse - Disappointed he's hurt. Derby pass, Preakness starter???
  • Musket Man/Giant Oak/Chocolate Candy - A big so what! My second sentiment is: I hope they all get in the gate on May 2 because they'll take lots of money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment